Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just finished hard piping my setup

1. Back To Top    #1

Just finished hard piping my setup

Just got done hard piping, How does it look to all you long term pool owners?
    I did notice a small flaw in my bypass for the natures2 filter but thats an easy fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just finished hard piping my setup

GOOD JOB JUST DID MINE LAST WEEK

3. Back To Top    #3

Well done, Looks pretty good.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, since mine is a 16x32 AGP 4 ft. deep I can't call him my pool "builder"............but mine is dug down 2ft. and my pool "erector" made all my connections with pvc as well. Pump station is sitting on a nice level plastic pad they use for air conditioning compressors and the like. Almost gives you that "in-ground" pride feeling!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thats the one thing I should have done was build a better pad.
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

6. Back To Top    #6

Whats the black thing on the right that is plumbed into the system?
    24' Round 14K Gallons
    Hayward S180t Sand Filter
    1hp Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by britinusa
    I did notice a small flaw in my bypass for the natures2 filter but thats an easy fix.
    If you want to make it look "right," you'll need to add a lot more elbows. And lose the unions - you must imagine that you've just built perfection, and that no one will ever need to work on anything you graced with your touch for the rest of eternity. Too late to tee them in, probably, but you could pound some PCV scraps in the ground near the pad, then cap them. That way no one will know where they go (if anywhere) and will be afraid to uncap them or saw them off flush, again, for the rest of eternity.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks good...the only comment I have is to watch for leaks as it looks like those elbows are dwv vs sch 40 fittings...ie not rated for pressure. Also, as Richard mentioned, I am assuming that union on the nature2 bypass is the flaw you mentioned?
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

9. Back To Top    #9

The unions are there so I can remove the pump and filter during the winter.
    The black thing is a natures2 system it allows us to use less chlorine as my wife and son have sensitive skin.
    The flaw is that I need another valve on the other side of the natures2 where the union is, I should have removed that union and put a valve in there so I can bypass when I am using metal remover, you said about more elbows, where do I need to put them in?
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

10. Back To Top    #10

it's fine...not sure about more elbows? Anyway, my comment about the union by the nature 2 is that unless there is a union on the bypass that is not visible in the pic, that union will not work. Other than that nice job, but do watch for leaks. The elbows you used are not pressure rated. Sch40 fittings have a lot more glue surface like the unions and tees you used.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Quote Originally Posted by britinusa
    If you want to make it look "right," you'll need to add a lot more elbows. And lose the unions - you must imagine that you've just built perfection, and that no one will ever need to work on anything you graced with your touch for the rest of eternity. Too late to tee them in, probably, but you could pound some PCV scraps in the ground near the pad, then cap them. That way no one will know where they go (if anywhere) and will be afraid to uncap them or saw them off flush, again, for the rest of eternity.
    Richard is yanking your chain! Your set up is fine! (Hey Richard ! )
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks for the comments guys, the union by the natures2 was from my first part if install last year when I put in a heater, from the skimmer to the natures2 was all flex pipe, I just left the union in before i realized my mistake.
    I will watch for leaks on those elbows, I did get them from somewhere else this time but the other elbows on the heater have more glue surface.
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer