liquidator question

Apr 21, 2008
I have the 8 gallon liquidator. I have it running at 4 to add extra chlorine during my pool cleanup. I noticed the chlorine bed is staying the same, ( like there is not bleach going in the pool?). I disconnected the out side and tested the FC level which was way high so it's pumping out the bleach mixture. I replaced a few hoses as he have turned white but still have good flow. My liquidator doesn't seem to be keeping up too.

I have been shocking the pool to clear it out ( keeping shock level up) but still don't think the liquidator is emptying out like last year.

Any thoughts?

If your flow meter is reading 4 and it'll go to zero when shut off AND there's no air bubbles sticking to the float then the chlorine has to be going somewhere.

The only reason the chlorine level isn't lowering with that much flow is that it's not dispersing into the water and that isn't hardly possible.

Have you upgraded to the 3/8" tubing?

I had some air in my pump / strainer, installed new o rings etc, no more air bubbles. I did have air bubbles coming thru the LG where the floats are. I fixed that with o rings etc on the shut offs. LQ seems to be emptying better. I am installing a SWG this weekend and removing the LG ( I may convert to 3/8 if I ever need to use the LG again)

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.