Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from EskimoPie!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from EskimoPie!

Hi all... thought I would introduce myself as a new member. My name is Tyler and I'm an aerospace engineer living in southern Arizona. My wife and I recently moved back to Arizona after spending 2 cold years in Buffalo and are building a new pool at our new home. We have two baby boys (6 months and 21 months) who will hopefully get many years of enjoyment out of the pool. This is our first pool so we are really excited with the project. I posted a thread here detailing our build progress thus far. Anyway, I'm enjoying the forum so far and looking forward to all the good advice I'm sure I'll get once we get it up and running.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Welcome to the group!

I don't know why, but I just love your board name. Perhaps because I'm hot and tired of the summer heat, already. EskimoPie just sounds cool and refreshing.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3

Hehe, thanks... I was born and raised in Alaska and just came up with the name one day and stuck with it. You'd think living in southern AZ would be miserable for an Alaska boy but I suppose the blood has thinned out considerably in the 10 years I've been here... I'm actually starting to enjoy the heat!
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!