How to prevent calcium build up

The pic is too small to make anything out but another larger one would be helpful.

Agreeing with Paul, a full set of test results will really help us get a good picture of your water and help us see what, if any, needs changed.

Test results-

FC-4
CC-0
Ph 7.5
TA 110
Ch 300- that is my fill water
CYA-75
Salt -3450

My My pre fill test was about 300. Have not seen any adjustment up or down in CH since the fill but we have very hard H20.

My fill TA is real high but has adjusted well since my addition of PH.

I don't see those numbers indicating calcium scaling, especially if you keep the pH right there. The pic looks like it's appearing on the grout, making me think it's efflorescence rather than scaling. Not a problem I've had to deal with so I'm not sure what you should do about it.
--paulr

It is only on the grout. I keep on top of my PH as I have a SWC. Im still getting the feel for it. My PH has actually been kept a little too low. 7.2-7.4. Im still earning on the fly. Less acid more often.

There is always going to be some calcium and some salt deposited on surfaces where there is evaporation happening, like a spillway. You can minimize this two ways, by increasing the flow rate across the spillway a little (if it is fairly low to begin with) or by lowering the calcium saturation index (CSI) (which will encourage any deposits to redissolve), but there will always be some deposits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.