Check out my swamp! (Pic)

Well, Im still pretty new at all things BBB but I do feel like I have a decent understanding. I just opened my pool up today and found that I have a mess.

Im adding water as quick as possible so that I can start skimming but for the moment, I have my vacuum hose going straight to my intake at my pump and filter so at least I can get some circulation going. Either this afternoon or Monday, I am bringing in some water.

Here is what it looks like after about 5 hours or so...

Pool1-2.jpg

It was much clearer this morning when I took the cover off. But now after Ive stirred everything up a bit, it has a nice shade of green. Good thing I expected this.

The biggest reason that I wanted to get some circulation going was so that I could get some bleach going. I have a TF100 test kit from DuraRaleigh. Im trying to hold my FC at about 15-17 because I know I dont have very much Stabilizer in at the moment. Ill check the stabilizer and add the proper dosage once I get the pool properly filled and circulating thru the filter. My main goal right now is to keep the FC up at a decent number.

Anyhow, I feel like Im on the right track... Please feel free to comment. Ill add some pics to show the progress.

Im still very much a pool noobie, but what I have learned has mainly come from this forum over the past 2 seasons... Without this forum, Id be struggling and very much floundering right now.

What you are doing makes sense to me. Chlorine is always the most important thing in clearing the pool.

Once you test the stabilizer, I would suggest not bringing it higher than around 20-30ppm or so. It'll be a little easier to shock at that level.....it'll take about 12-18ppm of FC to hold it at shock value.

Then once your pool clears, bringing the stabilizer up to around 40-50 will make it easier to maintain the FC from that point on.

Sounds like you're doing great!! :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.