Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PoolSkim Height Adjustment

1. Back To Top    #1

PoolSkim Height Adjustment

I have a PoolSkim installed in my pool. It is a value in keeping the surface of the pool clean.

The PoolSkim is installed on a standard 1 ½ inlet return. I hand tighten the connecting ring nut as tight as I can. Over a period of several days the body of the PoolSkim rises too high because the connecting ring is not sufficiently tight.

I have considered using PVC glue to hold the PoolSkim in place but would rather not make a permanent connection. I have wondered if I should use Teflon tape or what to increase the friction on the connecting ring? Should I use a wrench?

Suggestions from other PoolSkim owners on the methods you have used to keep the PoolSkim at the correct height would be appreciated.

TIA
    30,000 gallon gunite in-ground with a spillover spa, Diving board and water slide
    Hayward 1 HP Super II filter pump, Hayward 24 " Sand Filter Pro Series using zeolite media
    Polaris 380 cleaner with ¾ HP booster pump, Hayward Heatmaster pool heater, AutoPilot DIG-220 Power Supply SC-60 cell
    Testing with the TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PoolSkim Height Adjustment

Is the force of water from that return causing the pool skim to rotate slightly? If you can, adjust the pipes on the pool skim so the water flow is opposite of where it is now. I had to fiddle around with mine quite a bit before I had it positioned just right.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!