Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Several Brown-Rusty Stains Near Drain

1. Back To Top    #1

Several Brown-Rusty Stains Near Drain

I have several rusty-brown looking stains near my main drain. I know a couple of them were caused by some metal pieces that fell in the pool when it was green...and I couldn't find them. Any ideas on how to clear them up?

Thanks,
    Alan
    IG
    Fiberglass
    Sand Filter
    17,500 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Several Brown-Rusty Stains Near Drain

Try placing a vitamin C tablet on a stained stop for 30 seconds and see what happens.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

What would you do...just manuever the tablet with your skimmer pole until it's sitting on top of the stained area?

Thanks,
    Alan

4. Back To Top    #4

Sure, that works.

Vitamin C is relatively harmless, so if it takes a while to get it placed correctly or one tablet goes down the drain it won't cause a problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School