linear tear near drain

May 28, 2009
south jersey
Well posted before about liner wrinkles got them out then noticed water leaking with pool off used scuba gear found that the liner had pulled out from around one of my two drains .. It also has a little tear on both sides at 3 and 9 oclock about 2 or 3 inches long .. Can I patch this I have extra liner when the pool was installed 3 years ago. I think I can get the liner back under the trim ring under the drain that would leave two patches to mend .......... Or do I need to drain pool completly and stretch the liner ... Pool company that built my pool said 3000 to replace liner.. water table to high caused it to happen.... Dont wanna have to replace the liner at 3 years old... pool is 18-41-16-28 true L - 9 foot deep

the vinyl you have is probably your best choice for patching. although I don't think it will be an easy patch since the area you are patching isn't flat. take your time and you may have to piece things together to avoid wrinkles. post some pictures you might be better off using a flexible sealer like anderson makes.

Gonna post some pics but you cant see were I patched the liner.. What I did was take the cover off the drain and tried to stretch it back but I could not so I cut three 6 inch pieces of liner and glued them under the liner not on the vermickulite .. then I cut three more 6 inch pieces and glued them on the top of the liner .. It seems to be working will check this weekend now that it has stop raining... What do you think of my fix will it hold and last..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.