How Much Bleach

Jun 24, 2007
Mesa, AZ
Hi guys,
I was hoping to get a little advice on how much bleach to use in my pool. I have a new pool (about 4 weeks) and they haven't started up the SWG yet, they say they want the pepple tech to cure four to six weeks before adding the salt, so I'm adding my own chlorine in the meantime. They left me a bunch of the Leslie's Pools chlorine packets and I'm about to run out, so after reading all the sage and wonderful advice from you guys, I thought I'd just use bleach until the SWG is started up. It will only be a couple weeks more at the most that I'll have to add my own chlorine, so I didn't want to have to buy a bunch of chlorine from one of the pool stores. Anyway, I have approx. a 12000 gal. pool. I've looked at the calculators and the other links, but I don't understand how they work (one of the hazards of teaching English all these years and not math). Can anyone give me a fairly close estimate of how many cups of bleach I should add when my chlorine tests low. I've been able to keep it right around 1.5 FC for the most part and the PH is always been steady at 7.4. This is all new to me so I'm just feeling my way along and you all on this forum have been a great source of information. Thanks guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.