Flow level changes overnight?

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
Ive noticed this since I made the higher flow mod to my LQ: one day I can set the flow at 3 on the flow meter. Everything seems to work fine, no air in the system, etc. Enough flow that I can peg the meter if I want.

Let it run for the rest of the on cycle and its fine. The next day Ill look and see the flow meter at 2 or lower. Nothing changed, just the fact the filter/pump cycled off and then back on. Ive also checked after the filter was running for a while the next day just to be sure it wasnt a priming issue as the pump started up.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

-Chris

The suction side has always been tapped from the basket drain plug.

When I did the mod I changed from the valve HASA included (that you need to drill into the PVC for) to a PVC tee, with a threaded bushing and a 3/8" nipple (same as the one used on each end of the flow meter) screwed into it. Seems odd that would have made any difference, I can still get as much flow as I need (and more) but it just doesnt seem to keep the same rate from day to day. This is also with the same psi reading on the filter.

-Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.