Aqua Rite salt reading not accurate

Jake,

I'm not saying it's impossible that the cell is bad, I just thought it might be easier to have the water tested than pull out the cell.

I still don't know exactly how much water is in my pool.....and I've had my pool for three seasons now. If your pool actually has 25000 gallons, then 520 lbs of salt puts you at about 2500 ppm. A few thousand gallons can make a big difference. Just a thought.

Rob

Direct from the manufacturer on recalibration (I recently had a unit reading ZERO salt, and I knew there was about 3000ppm in the pool):

1. Move the switch to the Auto position. If the switch is already in the
Auto or Super Chlorinate position, move it to Off then back to Auto.

2. Wait for the relay to click, then push the diagnostics button 5 times to
the instant salt level with the minus sign in front.

3. Wait for the instant salt level to stop moving lower, make sure it is
within the range of 2700-3400, then move the switch up to Super Chlorinate
then back down to Auto. This saves the instant salt level reading as the
new default which, in effect, recalibrate the unit to be able to run
normally and chlorinate the pool.

Hope this helps,

- Jeff

Very curious if cactus jake found an answer. I'm having the same problem, I add salt and the salt reading on the display goes down. diagnostics shows instant salt at - 2100. I did the reset to recalibrate and no go, same issue, display is showing 2000, strips show 4100 ppm.

system is 5 years old. jake, if you are still out there did you find a solution ?

Thanks
Morty

JEFF!! Just wanted to let you know I have been searching and searching for the right answer for my salt water chlorinator problem... and the answer you provided (below) WORKED!! So I wanted to thank you!! Such a simple answer... and it may have just saved me over $300!! My Aqua Rite system was reading a salt level of 1900 when I knew it was about 3800.

So THANK YOU!!!!!!

taekwondodo said:
Direct from the manufacturer on recalibration (I recently had a unit reading ZERO salt, and I knew there was about 3000ppm in the pool):

1. Move the switch to the Auto position. If the switch is already in the
Auto or Super Chlorinate position, move it to Off then back to Auto.

2. Wait for the relay to click, then push the diagnostics button 5 times to
the instant salt level with the minus sign in front.

3. Wait for the instant salt level to stop moving lower, make sure it is
within the range of 2700-3400, then move the switch up to Super Chlorinate
then back down to Auto. This saves the instant salt level reading as the
new default which, in effect, recalibrate the unit to be able to run
normally and chlorinate the pool.

Hope this helps,

- Jeff

wahey you have answered my question, i.e what the heck is instant salt reading and why when i press save does my system ask for more salt.

From reading your posts the answer to my issue is that the average value is one over 24 hours so by saving thing instant valu i am resetting the average value.

Now I understand this i can sleep tonight.

Trust me you dont know how informative this single thread has been to me!

Rob,

I have a 22,000 gal pool. I just dumped 520lbs of salt in the pool. I'm fairly positive that the cell needs some sort of assessment when the salt reading went down from 2600 pre-520lbs to 2500 post-520lbs. The strips show I'm up over 3200ppm which by all calculations is closer to the truth than what the SWG is reading.

Sal,
Thanks for the advice...will let you know the results.

Hey Brother,
I think I have a dead cell. My system was reading salt level accurately, but every other power cycle. It would read 3200 ppm, I or the timer would shut it off then power up and it would read 2100. Recycle power again and back to 3200. This went on for about a month with the low reading eventually bottoming out at 1400. Now it reads 0 all the time and I'm using tablets till I get it fixed.
There may still be hope for yours...try this link. https://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_recalibrate_the_salt_level_on_a_hayward_aqua_rite.aspx.

Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.