Floating Speakers

Jun 27, 2009
Can anyone recommend a iPod compatible, floating wireless speaker? I want something with decent battery life that I can use rechargeable batteries with. The sound quality only has to be comparable to my cell phone which I currently leave at the top of my pool steps to listen to music! :shock: Also, my pool is only 15 ft., so it doesn't have to be extremely loud. Any recommendations are appreciated.

saint_malachy said:
Can anyone recommend a iPod compatible, floating wireless speaker? I want something with decent battery life that I can use rechargeable batteries with. The sound quality only has to be comparable to my cell phone which I currently leave at the top of my pool steps to listen to music! :shock: Also, my pool is only 15 ft., so it doesn't have to be extremely loud. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I have the Audio Unlimited Poolpod, floating and water proof, and the outdoor weather resistant speakers, and two sets of the headphones. You can use rechargeable batteries in the Poolpod. It's spent quite a few hours in our spa and still working great. Of the three products I have the Poolpod has the lowest volume but loud enough to hear with the the two spa jet pumps going, with venturi action, and bubbles, etc. The transmitter hooks up to just about any sound source, comes with some adapters, and other adapters can be purchased at RS. Transmitters have good range and the Audio Unlimited products are the only ones, after trying to use many products, over the years that have good range with little cutout. BTW.... any of the 900 MHz transmitters work with all the 900 MHz receiving units. The prices are great especially for the quality of sound you get.

See.... http://www.amazon.com/Unlimited-PoolPOD-Wireless-Floating-Waterproof/dp/B0021AFZMU

Using the Poolpod or the wireless speakers keep your sound source safe from outdoor conditions. BTW... the transmitters plug into regular wall receptacle for power. I do like one thing best about the Poolpod transmitter. It has an on/off switch so that when I want to use the transmitter hooked up to the TV all I have to do is turn the PP transmitter off. When I want to use the PP transmitter I have to unhook the sound cable or power going to the other transmitters as they don't have the on and off switch. I use the TV attached transmitter the most.

You might want to consider the outdoor wireless speakers if you can give it a bit of shelter from weather. I have one of mine on a shelf, under the eaves. It can be cranked up really loud but late at night I usually use the Poolpod or headphones as the speakers, cranked up about 3/4 can be heard by my neighbors who are over 1K yards away.

The speakers are not stereo but the sound quality is so good, especially the speakers and headphones, you can easily sacrifice the stereo for the ability to have your music "on the go" or in wet environment, with little fuss.

At night I use the headphones, watching TV, so as not to disturb DH.

Speakers can use batteries or wall power. I keep one outside and one in kitchen; both plugged in all the time. Before I got the headphones I carried one of the speakers around with me using battery power. I'm probably going to get one more set of speakers so I can use one on other side of house outside (or kind-of simulate stereo when I want) and the second in the office. The switching between the battery and receptacle plug for speakers is a bit of hassle as you have to remove the batteries when you want to plug in for power. The headphones sit on the transmitter to recharge batteries (that come with it). I use a lot of the Eneloop rechargeable batteries. The introductory set, sold at Costco (but they haven't had them for a while now) for a ridiculously low price, came with adapter cylinders so you could use the AAs in those for some appliances that use C and D cells. I use the C adapters in some of my outdoors, motion activated lights, attached to the spa shell.

As I said above these are the only transmitters/receivers that have worked consistently, from the many I've purchased, over the years.

Unless you find something I missed Amazon has the best prices.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.