MiniMax 100 Heater Wiring & Pilot light

May 14, 2010
I'm installing a brand new minimax 100 heater. I have everything hooked up the way that I believe it's supposed to be, but I must be doing something wrong. Here's the problem... The pilot will light when in the "Pilot" position and when the knob is pushed down. When I start to let the knob come up to turn the knob to "on", the gas stops feeding through and the pilot burns out. I have kept the knob pressed down for plenty of time, so this isn't the issue. What could I have wrong? Is it the wiring that's mixed up? If so, can someone help me understand how the hard wiring works for this heater?

Thanks!

The pilot lighting then extinguishing when you release the buttom means that the sensor isn't seeing the flame. The most common cause is that the sensor isn't properly positioned. There should be a diagram that shows the proper position of the sensor in the manual. Since it's new you might want to call the mfg because you don't want to do anything to void your warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.