question about pool heaters

G

I know my pool isnt very big and the weather itself will be enough to raise the temp once it gets warmer (starting to stay in the 80's here, my pool finally hit 80 today). But I have my old water water that I replaced due to a leak that wasnt fixable from the line running off of it. Ya think it would be worth the time to adapt it to my hoses and run my water through it? Or does anybody see any problems with this? The leak is fixable now just we couldnt then and basically permanently attached the line going OUT of the heater to it. The only problem I can see is the piping going in and coming out is way smaller than my pools hoses, so my pump would probably work too hard to push 1000 gph through those tiny lines as compared to those hoses. And my SWG would complain about flow as well as it has a flow sensor.

Other than those problems I dont foresee any other issues. Would any one be the wiser?

Ok nevermind. I allready spend a fortune on electricity! That was the straw that broke the camels back! I cant find any of those solar panels on craigslist and the cheapest on the net period is 120. A bit too much for me considering everything I have spent on my pool allready that I didnt need. A $30 test kit that was basically worthless! and a $50 battery powered vacuum (dumb idea). Not to mention all the bleach I wasted when I thought my pool had algae and it was just dirt from a leak in my pool. And then I had to buy more chems when I decided to drain my pool as I thought I still had algae and decided to drain the pool, scrub it and refill and restart. So we are looking at $100 total that I didnt need to spend. And I could have used that money on that heater!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.