Heck of a time - any tips?

Overnight FC loss test showed loss of 1 and CC of .5 but I definately smelled a chlorine smell this morning, so I think I might need to do the test again tonight and keep the levels up - the water is blue but I still can't see clearly to the bottom of the deep end.

You are almost there. Keep the pool at shock level today and run the overnight test again tonight. Vacuum and back wash as needed. Keep the pump running 24/7 until you are through shocking. If you pass the overnight test and the water still looks a little murky, turn off the pump for a few hours and let everything settle. If it looks clear after it has sat for a while, then you will need to back wash well, vacuum very slowly as not to stir up too much of the sediment and keep the pump on 24/7 until the water clears. When you have passed the overnight test let the FC drop to normal levels (which should be 8ppm for your CYA) and keep it there. Run the FC test daily until you get a feel for how much chlorine you need to add each day. Then test weekly.

I wonder when or if I should start a new topic - guess I am still on the same subject though...
Went in the pool today....hope I won't die! The numbers probably indicate I shoulda waited but it was soooooo hot...and I did not dunk my head in...so I figure I'll live...it sure felt nice! :lol:
Tested water...
Overnight test showed loss of less than 1 and CC of zero...water still looks a little cloudy at deep end. Vacuumed and brushed really well before I went in, and while I was in I scrubbed all the edges...
Numbers right now:
FC 20
CC 0
PH 7.5 - 7.8 I can't really tell for sure looks in the middle of the two
CYA 50-60 again in the middle
TA 120

suggestions on next steps?

Thanks!

That is good. An overnight loss of less than 1 means that any algae/etc is all gone. You can start letting the FC level come down to a more ordinary level. It may take the filter a while yet to clear up the water completely. As long as things continue to improve each day, you are good.

When FC gets below 10, test your PH and adjust as needed. The PH test can be off when the FC level is above 10.

Your other levels look good. It is good to check CH at least once a year to make sure it isn't getting too high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.