Wow! Taylor SpeedStir is SO COOL

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
I am so tickled. You know I won the "Name your Pool Cleaner" contest and I had no idea what the prize was. Didn't even think to ask.

Well, today I got my Taylor SpeedStir in the mail.

How cool is this? Way cool. Runs on batteries. That is easy. Turns itself off if you forget. That is smart.

It holds the regular vials that are in my TF100 test kit. Good, no need to figure out how to store the extra vial in my test kit.

It fits into my test kit box. That is super handy. I really like how I have arranged all my tests so that they are in the same order as the instructions, beginning at the lower left. Very nice that I could nestle this stirrer into the last section at the top with the CYA stuff. I just removed the extra CYA bottle and one divider so the stirrer is in the middle, the CYA tube and squeeze bottle on the left, the CYA solution on the right. Perfect order, I like that.

What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light. So when the liquids are spinning and sort of vortex shaped, the color is sort of concentrated. When the expected color change occurs it is really easy to notice even if you are not looking at it. Because of the light, it flashes at you.

Oh yeah, I love it. And I probably would have never bought this for myself. I just had no idea that it was so cool.

Thanks so very much!!

anonapersona said:
What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light.
Just something to keep in mind: under low ambient light conditions, when you're using the illuminated base during a FAS-DPD test, the light is strong enough as to mask a slight pink color, making the test read low. (In other words you think the sample has turned clear when in fact it's still pink).

CaOCl2 said:
anonapersona said:
What is most cool about it is the light. When you turn it on, the base has a white light.
Just something to keep in mind: under low ambient light conditions, when you're using the illuminated base during a FAS-DPD test, the light is strong enough as to mask a slight pink color, making the test read low. (In other words you think the sample has turned clear when in fact it's still pink).

That was of course the very first test I ran. I did notice that it had a bit of a greyish cast which I was about to take as the end point but I added one more drop and BAM -- there is no mistaking when it turns clear. With the light on it really flashes at you.

poolgirl22 said:
stop. please.
I just sold my ipod touch to my daughter (who needs CL with a 9 year old?) and I bought a new one for myself....must. stop. justifying. the. money. I'm. saving. on. pool. chems......

saving money on pool.......you....cannot.....resist.......futile....Speed Stir.....you...cannot...resist...Speed Stir.... :mrgreen:

Yes these magnetic speed stirrers are a nice functional addition to the test kit. I love my Apollo stirrer. Makes testing a breeze :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just received mine today and it only contains the Speedstir and batteries. For some reason, there is no sample tube or the white pill like object that can be seen packed above the tube in the following picture...

9265.jpg

The packaging hasn't been tampered with so I'm not sure if this is a cost cutting measure or if mine somehow mistakenly made it by QA?

cipher said:
I just received mine today and it only contains the Speedstir and batteries. For some reason, there is no sample tube or the white pill like object that can be seen packed above the tube in the following picture...
Where did you order it from? I know that there is the startup kit (#9265) as pictured that includes the vial and stir bar, but there is a magnetic stirrer only (#6100).

Richard320 said:
Some of my test results have changed from the ordinary. My CH went down, and so did my FC.

Got mine and used it for the first time last weekend. ALL of my test results were unchanged.

It's cool! It's fun!! It makes for accurate results!!! Buy one now!!!! And, buy it from Duraleigh - I did!!!!!

svenpup said:
Where did you order it from? I know that there is the startup kit (#9265) as pictured that includes the vial and stir bar, but there is a magnetic stirrer only (#6100).
I ordered it from here - http://www.lincolnaquatics.com/shop/cat ... D=25%2D002

duraleigh said:
Yikes!! It's packed in that same blister pack pictured, isn't it?
It came in the same packaging as the picture above, but it just included the stirrer and the 4 batteries.

cipher said:
svenpup said:
I ordered it from here - http://www.lincolnaquatics.com/shop/cat ... D=25%2D002

duraleigh said:
Yikes!! It's packed in that same blister pack pictured, isn't it?
It came in the same packaging as the picture above, but it just included the stirrer and the 4 batteries.
Bummer...sound like you got "pool stored" again. I think you have a legitimate gripe since the picture shows the vial and stir bar. It just says "batteries not included", which is also incorrect.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.