air in filter

May 8, 2010
I originally set the filter up and had both water leaking and air getting into the the filter. I worked on it for a while and seemed to clean it all up. no air in skimmer at all, no water leaks in hoses that I can detect. however I still get air seeping into the filter I need to about every 2 hours open the air release on the top of the filter and bleed the air out.

how do I go about finding a small air leak? I was expecting to see a water leak with it but I dont have one.?

thoughts or suggestions would be great

its a cartridge filter with a 1.5 hp pump. 1 speed pump. the system is running at 15 psi

Air is likely entering on the suction side of the pump. Usually, via the pump lid, drain plugs or valves. Do you see any air in the pump basket? If so, use a hose over various parts to see when the air disappears.

Just to reinforce what Mark said. It's on the suction side and the most common place is the pump basket lid. Run the hose over it while it's running if you're seeing air in the basket. if you're not seeing air in the basket post back and let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.