Is a Pool SLide Worth it?

Aug 28, 2009
We're planning our buried AGP pool project, and have been considering doing a slide.

Our kids are 12 and 11, so we'll still have a few years with them here.

We're looking at $1500 minimum for a slide. Plus, there's a chance of insurance issues, although I think mine is okay.

For those that have them, or have had them, I'm just curious if they are ultimately worth the extra cost and risk? We'll have a deep end, so the slide will drop into 6' water, the pool is 15x30 oval. The slide would attach to the deck (secured appropriately of course.)

Any advice? Thanks!

If you were your kids, would you like a slide? there. that's your answer.

With a pool, it's never a case of "worth the extra cost". A pool is something you buy to enjoy (and enjoy with the kids!) so if you can afford space and $$$, why not add a slide?

While I never owned one, when I was young, my friends and I used to stand at the top of the slide at whoever's pool we were using at the time and use it as a high platform to jump into the pool from. It was great fun, but looking back, with wet footed kids jumping from a wet fiberglass slide, we were lucky nobody was ever hurt (seriously hurt, anyway).

We chose not to have to worry about the liability of a slide or diving board in our pool, and so far (3 yrs) the kids enjoy the pool plenty.

Jumping in from the slide was fun, though! :wink:

:-D Just grabbed one from Craigslist today for $100. SR Smith 7 foot high right turn slide with the "GrandRapids" water delivery system. I figured out what I had when I got home when I found this http://shop.bluehaven.com/product/rogue ... ool-slides :-D The guy was selling off stuff (pre forclosure) and responded to my slide wanted ad. At first I tought 100 was alot for a used slide but I got there and the guy was personable and the slide is in nice shape. Then I get home and see the crackhead price they charge for these things WOW! a hunski for it was a deal! :-D

Realistically if I were to finance and build a pool I would shell out the money and get the "Turbo Twister"
http://shop.bluehaven.com/product/turbo ... ool-slides $2500 is alot but not much percentage wise to the build and the joy on the kids faces would pay me back :mrgreen:
I want my pool to be fun Like a water park so thats the way I look at it, I NEED a slide, toys, fountains and other upgrades to satisfy me :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.