Well Water

I guess that depends on the regeneration capabilites of your softener. We just had another thread where someone used theirs to fill the pool.

Welcome to TFP.

Your water softener will need regenerating many, many times in order to fill the pool. The best thing to do is to test your unsoftened water, particularly for Calcium Hardness, Total Alkalinity and metals before you put it in the pool. This way you can seek alternative water sources if any of these are in an unacceptable range. Metals and calcium are the real kickers, since there is no cheap or easy way to remove them from the water, and the expense of buying water is usually far better than having to deal with them.

Check out this article Recommended Levels for the kinds of levels you are looking for in your well water.

Thanks. I bought this house 1.5 years ago and it came with the pool. I just filled it with the hard water right from the well last year and it took over a week to get it clear. I didnt really know what I was doing (and still dont) I was just talking water samples to the pool store and adding whatever chemicals he sold me. Seems like I was probably getting ripped off so I want to learn a little more this year before opening the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.