Good Chlorine price in Southern Ohio area

Jun 14, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
So I've been buying 10% Chlorine at the pool store (Leslies) for $19.99.

We were at our local grocery store last night (Kroger) and walked by an end cap, and what do I see?
A 4 pack of 10% for $10.99.
I thought it was a pretty good price so I bought 4 cases of it. :whoot:

Not sure where in southern OH you are but i can usually find 10% at my local Biggs for 10$ a case, not sure how fresh it is but their stock seems to get depleted father quickly so i guess it isn't too bad, i'm just north of cincinnati. 20$ seems really high to me....my local guy sells 10-12.5% for 15 a case

rastoma said:
WestSidePool said:
We were at our local grocery store last night (Kroger) and walked by an end cap, and what do I see?
A 4 pack of 10% for $10.99.

What size containers? What brand? Is it labeled as bleach or chlorine?

It was a 4 pack of 1 gallon (128oz) containers of liquid Chlorine.
It was called, Champion Pool Shock.

Sku number on the sign was 05143
6riuyd.jpg

Wal Mart has 1g containers of 6% bleach for $2.54 each (~$ 2 cents per oz).

Wal Mart also has a 2 gallon package of 10% chlorine for about $11. Since I don't know how long the 10% chlorine has been on the shelf I buy the 6% when I am there.

Sam's Club has 3 packs of 1.44g (182oz) containers of 6% Chlorox bleach for $8.12 (~1.5 cents per oz).

I may have to take a trip to my local Kroger and see if they have the same deal. While the price is similar to what I am paying per ounce for 6%, I would only have to use about half as much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.