May 9, 2010
Ok I have to admit before I found this forum I did add some cheap algecide. My numbers are below.

ph 7.2
FC 10
CC 1
TA 80
CYA 0

How long does it take for this sudsy white foam to leave? Seams like it is worse some days than others. The pool is looking better but still cloudy and cant see the bottom yet.

Thanks,

jstephens said:
Ok I have to admit before I found this forum I did add some cheap algecide.
ph 7.2
FC 10
CC 1
TA 80
CYA 0

How long does it take for this sudsy white foam to leave? Seams like it is worse some days than others. The pool is looking better but still cloudy and cant see the bottom yet.
1) What are you using to chlorinate the pool?
2) What are you using to test your water?
3) Is your CYA really "0"?
If that's the case all of the chlorine that's in the pool could be lost in a single day due to the sun, not to mention the organics.
4) How much are you running your pump?
5) What is the "cheap algicide"?
The only one that's recommended is one with "polyquat... 60" as the ingredient, and most of us don't need to use that.
6) The rule for continued shocking is...
a) CC - must be 0.5 or less,
b) FC - must not loose more than 1PPM in an overnight test
c) Pool water is clear

With a sand filter it will take time to clear :? ... Sand filters work a little better when a little dirty, just make sure the filter pressure doesn't get high.

Terry in NC

Many of the cheap algaecides are linear quat based products, which cause foaming and bad smells that can last for up to a week, definitely not recommended. There isn't anything you can do about it but wait.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.