Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward valve- newbie Repair question

1. Back To Top    #1

Re: Hayward Multiport Valve Hard to Move

mine broke- the "non metallic bearing" that the handle covers and is inserted with a pin broke. how do i replace that one part? pics?
    Jeff
    Existing Pool: 1959 built inground concrete, 14'x30' rectangular, 8.5 ft deep end, 20k gal, Hayward Super II 1 hp pump, Hayward Progrid 36 sq ft DE filter.
    Planned remodel to include the following additions: Raised Bond Beam, 2 benches/swim-outs, 36" Sheer Descents w/LED (2x), Laminar Deck Jets w/LED (2x), 250k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair Easytouch 8 automation, Vacuum line, Autofill, Waste line and extra return line.
    R&R the following: Plaster, Skimmer, Main Drain, Coping, Tile, Pump, Main pool light w/ LED multicolor, all existing copper lines w/ 2.5" suction and 2" returns lines.

2. Back To Top    #2

Hayward valve- newbie Repair question

I have a Hayward Variflo-XL valve that had the "non metallic" bearing crack in half and the handle came off in my hand. Is that part easily replaced and if so how? I am a newbie- suggestions welcome.

http://www.haywardnet.com/pdfs/replace_ ... ay2009.pdf
    Jeff
    Existing Pool: 1959 built inground concrete, 14'x30' rectangular, 8.5 ft deep end, 20k gal, Hayward Super II 1 hp pump, Hayward Progrid 36 sq ft DE filter.
    Planned remodel to include the following additions: Raised Bond Beam, 2 benches/swim-outs, 36" Sheer Descents w/LED (2x), Laminar Deck Jets w/LED (2x), 250k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair Easytouch 8 automation, Vacuum line, Autofill, Waste line and extra return line.
    R&R the following: Plaster, Skimmer, Main Drain, Coping, Tile, Pump, Main pool light w/ LED multicolor, all existing copper lines w/ 2.5" suction and 2" returns lines.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Hayward valve- newbie Repair question

yeah, super easy

you need to knock the pin out of the handle using a hammer and hex key (or similar blunt rod) to dislodge the pin. once the pin is out just take off the handle and replace the non metallic washer and reinstall the pin with the hammer.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4

I have not explained it correctly. The "vertical shaft" that the pin runs through broke in half- hence the pin and handle have nothing to connect to. Not the "washer" that encompasses it. More help?
    Jeff

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

okay I believe you are looking for a SPX0710XC depending on the multiport valve you have regardless it is called a Key/Stem Assembly
    it contains that shaft you are talking about try googling images just to make sure
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp