remote aqua lamps not working

May 15, 2009
Had the pool opened 3 weeks ago and we have aa little remote to turn the pool lights on and off. The lights are stuck in the on position and I have to turn them off by tripping the safety breaker next to the pump.
When you press the button on the remote you can hear a clicking sound coming from inside the aqua lamp controller on the wall but the lights neither tuen on or off.
Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?

The relay might be stuck in one position. Sometimes bumping the relay can unstick the contacts, other times the relay needs to be relaced. If any wiring was done recently, or things were plugged back in that were unplugged over the winter, it is also possible that something was connected to the wrong place.

OK figured it out. I looked up the web site for Aqua Lamps and found outthey are only amile or so from my office, but more importantly their site has pdf files on their products. It seems when the pool was opened the guys hooked the lights up to an extension device I have by the filter and thats a no no. They have to be plugged direct for what ever reason. They working once again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.