Test kit question

pedsrn

May 29, 2007
Alabama
I feel real dumb asking this question, but I want to be 100% sure I'm ordering what I need...so here goes..

I have one of Ben's kits and I need to order the green top stuff to test alkalinity. Can someone cross reference that for me to a tfp refill?

I'm thinking R-0007, R-0008 & R-0009?? Why does the TFP and Taylor refill have the same cat # but one has green tops and the other white and one is 0.75oz and the other 1oz? That is where I got confused.

Thanks!

pedsrn said:
I feel real dumb asking this question, but I want to be 100% sure I'm ordering what I need...so here goes..

I have one of Ben's kits and I need to order the green top stuff to test alkalinity. Can someone cross reference that for me to a tfp refill?

I'm thinking R-0007, R-0008 & R-0009?? Why does the TFP and Taylor refill have the same cat # but one has green tops and the other white and one is 0.75oz and the other 1oz? That is where I got confused.

Thanks!

The ones you have listed are the correct ones for the TA test per the tftestkits website. In regards to size, those are the sizes that they offer. As far as the lid colors, I think that is just the lid top they use, but I someone will be by shortly to expand on your other questions.

The main number, like R-0007, does not specify the size of the bottle. It only says what is in the bottle. Taylor sells many different sizes, and adds a letter at the end to specify the bottle size. TFTestKits sells two sizes, one labeled "(For K-2006)" that includes 0.75 oz and has a green cap, and the other labeled "(For TF-100)" that includes an entire oz and has a white cap.

Either size/color will actually work with either test kit. The smaller size will fit inside the K-2006 box, while the larger size won't. The smaller size comes with the green color coded top, to match the tops that come in the K-2006 kit. The larger size is the same size/color as what is normally included in a TF-100 test kit. But in terms of testing they are exactly the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.