Filter and Pump Size

copa

May 13, 2010
I've had a DE filter for 13 years and have just grown tired of the continued maintenance and it appears to be on it's last legs. After reading thru some of the topics it looks like I will switch to a sand filter and add DE. Success with Zeobrite seems to be determined by the quality of the Zeobrite you purchase. So my question is - 15k gallon pool - what would be the recommended sand filter size and pump HP? I was thinking 3/4 HP pump and a 36cf filter. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Copa

Thanks for the welcome.

So one think I forgot to add is I also run a G3 Barracuda off this pump. Would I need to get more than a 3/4?
Currently I have 1.5 HP pump, quite possible because I have some water jets off little bench (but it is never run and will not ever be run while pool is being cleaned).

Also curious on filters - is there more water resistance from a DE filter or from a sand filter? (or it really doesn't matter!).

Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.