Stair Installation Expectations

Apr 4, 2010
Arkansas
Hi everyone,

I need some feedback about how stable a set of deluxe stairs should be for an AGP. I am disabled to some degree, having artificial knee and hip, so I spent the money to buy the deluxe steps for my new pool. I bought my pool package from Family Leisure. I am pretty heavy but my weight is less than the max weight the steps will handle.

I wanted the steps installed on the high side of the pool thinking it would be easier on me getting in and out. They just threw them up and left. The bridge is about 8 inches above the pool rail and they wobble. They shot screws where they shouldn't have been but it looks like that might have been a good thing as it may have made it more stable. I complained and they are coming back this weekend to try and fix them for me but I need to know if there will still be a wobble and how they should be installed, flush to the inside of the pool or outside or in the middle. They put a bag of sand on the "strap" on the inside of the pool. I think that the outside should have been buried but it was not. I tried to fix it and helped some but I paid for the install, right? :rant:

The steps are suppose to have a safety gate as well but I was told last week that I will not get that because the company who custom builds their gates for their steps went out of business. I live in a rural area so that was no biggie to me and they are refunding $250 for the gate.

I just want to feel safe and I don't want someone to have to hold the steps for me when I get it. Is that unreasonable?

Feedback would be appreciated.

jmack1159 said:
I just want to feel safe and I don't want someone to have to hold the steps for me when I get it. Is that unreasonable?

Feedback would be appreciated.

I think you should be more stable than that. Can you post a picture of the steps in the pool? That might help us visualize the situation.

I'm guessing from your info that there is no deck so they are just steps both inside the pool and outside? Pictures would really help a lot - all of us pool folks are pretty darned good at making things work how we want them and jury rigging things if they aren't just right. There is a solution.

It is really raining here today but I will get some pics.

The pool people came back yesterday and didn't do anything. Said we needed some straps. Well they were suppose to bring the straps. They came with the steps.

I am threw with them. As soon as I can I will post some pics. :evil:

Re: Stair Installation Expectations (pics added)

Okay so the pool guy came out Saturday. Stood and looked around. Said that the "straps" need to be installed. Said he left them there(he didn't) and wondered what we did to them. I am attaching pictures. I have emailed the store and I am really upset because I could get the steps that I really like for the same money. My husband and I can fix this but I don't think I should have to. If I have to do the work, I will order the steps I want and install them myself.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.