solar cover

run53

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2010
As I start the pool season in New England, I dread turning on my propane heater this time of year because I know every degree of warmth I get during the day will be lost over night. And that steam I see every morning is money heading towards the sky. Most nights around here have been in the 40's and some even in the 30's.

So I'm thinking about a solar cover. Since I have a lagoon style in-ground I will have to get a shape and cut to fit. I am looking at 8ml because the shape of my pool would make it difficult to use a reel so I'll be putting off and on manually. I notice on solarcovers.com I can buy (1) 18' round section and (2) 14x28 sections all for $117 (light blue) and then cut them to fit (all of them 8ml).

After doing a lot of reading here, the 3 sections seem to be the best option for manual operation. The $117 price seems very cheap and I am wondering about the quality from solarcovers.com. Anything I should watch for? or any other suggestions for an alternative plan?

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.