Here were my test results this evening:

FC - 8.0
CC - .5
PH - 8.0
TA - 90
CH - 300
CYA - 40
CSI .40

I need to add 37 oz Muratic Acid for the PH, which will lower my TA a little, so doing the Math i would need to add the backing soda 74oz baking soda after. Then would i raise the FC to shock level (15) for the first time? It is supposed to rain some on and off for the next few days, so should i just keep it the FC up around 7 until it stops or go ahead and start shocking?

My plan was to add acid, wait, then soda and bleach right before bed tonight. Check the FC again in the morning adjusting back to shock level, home for lunch to check again, then once more in the evening to raise it overnight back to shock level, if needed. good idea?

ok thanks. I just saw that in the pool school. I was using the suggested levels on the calculator. Never again, as I have added the suggested levels from here to the top of my spreadsheet i use to track results.

So i can just add the acid, wait an hour then add the bleach?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.