2019 Tropical Storm ... Hurricane Thread

Seems like that is a strange system that is currently forming in east TN and moving down to the Gulf of Mexico and could turn into something else. There is another model that shows it getting to the Gulf and then heading up the East Coast.

Either way there is going to some massive rain coming depending on which way the storm turns. Some areas may get up to 10" of rain.

DJ! Have you EVER seen it coming from up there like this one is??? I am used to seeing it coming from the Gulf and moving UP. This is such weird weather. I have my drain hose attached and ready to use.

was watching one guy that I follow pretty closely. he said this is the way storms start in Africa and then end up spinning out into the Atlantic before they make their trip across the ocean.

looking like this one could end up going west towards Louisiana & Texas then heading north. potential rain could be near 20" in some areas. of course predicting these things this early is like having a pool builder being on time and finishing on time. they rarely do what most think they will ... hahahaha.

I was just asked by someone in Houston about preparing their pool for a possible hurricane (or hopefully less). I sent them the link to this thread to ask questions hope you FL people can give preparation instructions.

Also, I just spent all of last week with my big family at a beach house at Rosemary Beach. We had an awesome time with outstanding weather for the 4th. The fish in Destin weren't biting though...

sorry the fish weren't bitting. water has been rough for a few weeks and that does make a difference over time.

hurricanes can be a wind event (Hurricane Michael 2018 was a CAT5) or just a rain event (Hurricane Harvey) or both. the longer it hangs around the more the rain becomes a problem and the flooding begins. If it's going to be a rain event I'd drain the pool some to prevent overflow. I'd also turn all power off to my equipment and maybe toss in a floater with a few pucks to help with the chlorine. I'd also have several gallons of bleach on hand preparing if you had to slam once the storm is over.

just make sure your water level is correct BEFORE turning your equipment back on. also make sure everything is off the deck and stored away as well. don't need any patio furniture flying around crashing into you or your neighbors house.

for the good folks in Louisiana and Texas it appears you are the way this storm is headed. lots of flooding in New Orleans already and it has even come close to the coast yet. Mississippi River is already at flood stage and some could see well over 20" of rain. those levee's are going to get a workout for sure. probably won't see all the hype on the news till tomorrow but you should already be preparing.

storm will be named Barry.

Ah, the joys of summer. Not. I appreciate the link above. Already have my hose hooked to the pump spigot. Have turned off auto-fill so evaporation is helping bring water level down over the past few days. Bought some bleach yesterday. They say 10-20" is what we may get. Praying that we don't have another August, 2016 on our hands.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will be rooting for all y’all again. If you can slow it down some before it comes my way I’d appreciate it.

Ugh, I've been dealing with Dorian prep at work for the last 2 days and will not be a fun weekend, but at least I will be safe.

Right now its supposed to hit Daytona Beach, FL as a Cat 3 but I'm not sure I believe their odd western turn they have predicted. If you are in GA or SC I would still get ready.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.