9" Universal Skimmer Weir - free to a good home

robrinker

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Northeastern Ohio
I ordered two 9" universal Pentair skimmer weirs only to find out my skimmers are 8 3/8". I got the weirs I needed, but I can't see paying shipping and a restocking fee to send these ones back (I only paid $20 for them). If someone can use them, PM me your address and I will mail them out to you. Let me know if you can use both or only need one.

This site has helped me a ton, so it's my small way of 'paying it forward'.

The weir is a flap that sits in the opening of your skimmer. When your pump is off, it floats up and keeps any debris that's sitting in the skimmer from floating back into the pool. When the pump is on, the force of the water being sucked into the skimmer pulls the flap down and lets debris flow into the skimmer. A weir greatly increases the effectiveness of your skimmer, IMHO.

robrinker said:
This thread is about 6 months old actually. :p

I ordered them from poolcenter.com. You literally pull out 2 pins with a pair of pliers to install them. It doesn't get much easier.
DOH !!! :oops:
Looked at the time stamp but failed to notice the DATE !!! Really had my hopes up! :hammer:

9 inch weir wouldn't have worked anyway - measured mine tonight and it appears to be only 8-1/4 inches wide. From what I read this afternoon - that doesn't seem to be a standard size. I also found that it appears to be a very simple task ... I saw a bunch of them on that site! :whoot: Additional research is in order .... Thanks !!!

Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.