Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 9" Universal Skimmer Weir - free to a good home

1. Back To Top    #1

9" Universal Skimmer Weir - free to a good home

I ordered two 9" universal Pentair skimmer weirs only to find out my skimmers are 8 3/8". I got the weirs I needed, but I can't see paying shipping and a restocking fee to send these ones back (I only paid $20 for them). If someone can use them, PM me your address and I will mail them out to you. Let me know if you can use both or only need one.

This site has helped me a ton, so it's my small way of 'paying it forward'.
    ~30000 GAL In-Ground 26'x50' Kidney Shaped Pool
    Hayward EC-75 DE Filter w/1.5HP Hayward SuperPump
    daily user of JasonLion's Poolcalculator
    (12) 2x10 SunGrabber Solar Panels...now if only there was some sun to shine on them!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 9" Universal Skimmer Weir - free to a good home

What's a "weir"

I'm from Southeast Missouri and whatever your talking about either our inground doesn't have it or we just call it by some other name!

Great gesture and wonderful movie by the way! (Pay It Forward)
    22K gal IG Vinyl 18'x36' rectangle (Hydra Pool Kit, Homebuilt DIY Spring09) 8' deep end
    Aqua Genie (No Main Drain, No Separate Returns), Hayward 1.5hp Pump, 24" sand filter & 2" Pipes, Jandy WaterColors LED Light, Flyte DeckII/FibreDive Board

:sun: Added for 2010~ SWG CompuPool CPSC36, "The Pool Cleaner 2x" suction cleaner, PICS of our DIY build, and our DIY Lime Green SLIDE refinishing project!

3. Back To Top    #3

The weir is a flap that sits in the opening of your skimmer. When your pump is off, it floats up and keeps any debris that's sitting in the skimmer from floating back into the pool. When the pump is on, the force of the water being sucked into the skimmer pulls the flap down and lets debris flow into the skimmer. A weir greatly increases the effectiveness of your skimmer, IMHO.
    (12) 2x10 SunGrabber Solar Panels...now if only there was some sun to shine on them!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the info! Well of course I have one of those on my skimmer...I call it the frog flap~ Frogs go in and can't get back out into the pool! Thanks for the clarification and new terminology "weir"...now I know!
    22K gal IG Vinyl 18'x36' rectangle (Hydra Pool Kit, Homebuilt DIY Spring09) 8' deep end
    Aqua Genie (No Main Drain, No Separate Returns), Hayward 1.5hp Pump, 24" sand filter & 2" Pipes, Jandy WaterColors LED Light, Flyte DeckII/FibreDive Board

:sun: Added for 2010~ SWG CompuPool CPSC36, "The Pool Cleaner 2x" suction cleaner, PICS of our DIY build, and our DIY Lime Green SLIDE refinishing project!

5. Back To Top    #5

Wondering if you might still have one available?
    Austin, Texas
    11,000 Gallon Fiberglass Pool / DE Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Sure do. Just PM me your address and I will mail it out.

That's the last one...I'm all out now.

7. Back To Top    #7

... I missed seeing this post by 46 friggin' minutes! Dang !!!
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

8. Back To Top    #8

So where did you order the weirs'? Are they fairly easy to install?
    20,125 gal. (2,690.6 c.f.) In-Ground / Concrete (Gunite) / Pentair Tagelus TA-60-60D Sand Filter / Pentair Whisper Flo Pump Model WF-24 @ 1HP / Hayward Veri-Flo Valve Model 710 / Taylor FAS-DPD K-2006 test kit / Pool School student

9. Back To Top    #9

This thread is about 6 months old actually. :P

I ordered them from poolcenter.com. You literally pull out 2 pins with a pair of pliers to install them. It doesn't get much easier.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by robrinker
    This thread is about 6 months old actually. :P

I ordered them from poolcenter.com. You literally pull out 2 pins with a pair of pliers to install them. It doesn't get much easier.
    DOH !!!
    Looked at the time stamp but failed to notice the DATE !!! Really had my hopes up!

9 inch weir wouldn't have worked anyway - measured mine tonight and it appears to be only 8-1/4 inches wide. From what I read this afternoon - that doesn't seem to be a standard size. I also found that it appears to be a very simple task ... I saw a bunch of them on that site! Additional research is in order .... Thanks !!!

Mike