LAARS LT400N gas pipe installation question

Jun 22, 2009
For my LAARS LT400N, the manual indicates that I need to run a 1.5" pipe over to the heater since the span is 50-60 feet. However, my gas meter is 3/4" and the heater is 3/4". Is it practical/normal to use 1.5" pipe for distances that are 50-60 feet? What have you pool experts seen/installed? Or, do you run 3/4" pipe and crank up the pressure at the gas meter and then regulate it back down to a lower pressure at the heater?

Welcome to TFP!

You do need to use larger pipe for long runs, even though both ends of the run are using smaller connections. Otherwise the long pipe run can restrict the amount of gas that can get to the heater, and the heater won't work properly.

In some cases it is possible to use a smaller diameter pipe with higher pressure gas. You usually need permission from the gas company to run higher pressure, and it is not allowed in all areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.