2019 Bleach Prices

The 1.99/gal jugs at Atwood don't have a Julian Date, instead have a date that says BB 2/22/20. Does this imply that they may have been manufactured in Feb. of this year and "good" for one year?
That is correct - except - they will not be 'good' for one year. Do not buy any older than 60 days or so.

You can always use it. Just will not have much sodium hypochlorite left in it after several months.

My Leslie's (in Austin) keep raising the price, so I need to find another source. My Home Depot (Four Points) always has old stock stored outside. I actually like the Walmart stuff that comes in milk gallons, as they're a lot easier to deal with and dispose of, but I haven't hit up a Wally World yet this season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Atwoods Farm and Ranch 4 actual 128 oz. gallons of 10% to a case @ 1.99 a bottle.
Can anybody help me with this date code?
BB02/25/20 I'm assuming that is an expiration date code for one year after manufacture which means it would have been made end of Feb in 2019. Just a couple months old sounds about right.
I'm guessing the "BB" preface stands for Best By.

I was getting a case (6, 1 gallon containers) of 6% for 9 bucks at my local restaurant wholesaler. (it's always fresh / less than a month old)
Now they are charging $ 15 this year!

Might do the Walmart generic to get back to a lower price.

Aldi has since dropped their concentration as well from 8.25% down to 6%. Same price as always though at about $2.59/gallon. Problem I ran into with Aldi however is that sometimes I swear the bleach I got had sat somewhere in a warehouse or stockroom for eons as the color was all but gone when I poured it into the pool.
Lidl also dropped from 8.25% to 6%. Making Walmart cleaning bleach the easy winner here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.