When & how long to auto-vac?

stevenbrla

LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
My pentair legend isn't quite hooked up yet, (as is the case with a few things on my pool), and while I wait, I'm trying to figure out when things will work.

My general question is, When and how long do you run your robot vacuum?

Obviously, this will vary by the amount of trash landing in the pool with a given location and season.

I "think" I'm going to start out running my filter/pump from 5pm-11pm, and 5am-7am. (That's basically when we're home and awake... and this will allow us to have our spillover view "on" while we're home.) And then basically, all day Saturday and Sunday.

So, when do you suggest running the the little vacuum?

1 hour a day? 3 a day?

Only when needed?

I realize that all suggestions will just be a starting point.

Edit: I also realize that I can only vacuum while my main pump/filter is running.

Thanks!
Steve

My aquabot bravo cleans the pool in about 1 hour, but it will run about 2 1/2 hours if I don't shut it down. The bravo is the same machine as the blue diamond, and they are fast. My pool is not very big - 16x33.

I doubt I'm as vigilant as Mbar, and guessing my pool won't be as perfectly maintained as his either.

Thinking that my lil bot will end up in the pool a few times a week also.

Thanks for the feedback, now I kinda know that it's a manual thing... not an automated thing...

They're supposed to be here to hook it up and do my programming any day now...

(yes, I know I could... but I'd like them to do somethng...)

thanks again,

steve

I don't know, since yours has to be hooked up, it may be a suction vacuum - which is different than mine. Mine is separate from the pool, I plug it in outside the pool and put it in. You may have one that can be automatically programed in with the pool :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The legend is a pressure side cleaner. Most people leave them in the pool all the time and have them run between 1-3 hours, depending on how dirty their pool gets. If you have automation to control your pumps and valves then it really beocmes a no brainer since you don't even have to worry about turning it on! The only time you should take it out is when you are shocking the pool. I leave my Mars HP pressure side cleaner in all the time and it runs about 2 hours a day. I have not needed to manually vacuum since it was installed. Be sure and remember to emply the bag on a regular basis. It's easy to forget to do since the pool alway stays clean so you tend to forget about the cleaner! When I want to swim I just push it to one side and it sits their out of the way. If you do take it out of the pool it is important NOt to coil the hose but leave it straight or your cleaner will give you problem when you put it back in!

I have the same unit as Waterbear. The Mars HP, its my first season with it and It does work great.

I leave mine in all the time as well unless we are having people over or the wife wants to use the diving board. It is setup on a timer to run for 2 hours daily. When it runs for a couple hours a day it keeps the pool spotless.

I too, like Waterbear, have not had to manually vacuum in a long time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.