Pool rover Jr question

onenut

May 9, 2009
Columbus, MI
Hello
I bought a pool rover jr, I have a question to the pople that have bought this unit ( people that bought the JR model)
I noticed that the control box does not have the timer control, just a on and off button. to adjust the time before it goes into reverse
I would like to know if you have bought the pool rover JR did your control box come with the timer control

Yes mine does too - it has the on/off and the timer dial. Did you happen to buy your Pool Rover Jr used or off EBay?

edit: I found this warning from the official Manufacturer of the Aquabots (Pool Rovers) -

"Official Consumer Warning From Aquaproducts
Due to the high quality and demand of Aquabot cleaners, Aquabots have been obtained by retailers through distributors. Only Authorized Aquabot Dealers and Authorized Aquabot Service Centers are certified as safe and reliable by Aqua Products. Unauthorized Dealers selling Aquabot cleaners and unauthorized Service Centers repairing Aquabots are not verified by Aqua Products nor have they completed the required training and certification. There have been several cases of fraudulent activity reported including unauthorized Dealers removing Aqua Products certified components from new cleaners and replacing them with inferior counterfeit components and being sold as new. The certified components are sold separately for profit, allowing unauthorized Dealers to lower their (modified) cleaner sale price. These components cause failure of the Aquabot cleaners and put consumers at great risk as the electric Aquabot robotic cleaners are fully ETL listed in accordance with UL Standard 1081 and undergo extensive quality control testing prior to shipping from the Aqua Products facility to ensure quality, reliability and safety."

I bought it from Pool Supply World online, I dont know if their Authorized but i did call Aquabot and they said some of the JR's were shipped with the control boxs having times and some did not, but they said if I have problems that they would ship me a control box with a timer, I will find out tomarrow when i call them back.

I would immediately request the timer. It really helps you "personalize" the pattern to your pool and makes it way easier for you.

Oh heck!!!!!! Pool supply world is where I just ordered mine from as well. Their great price at $262 better not be because they skimped and or cheated. Their ad sure says "New" on ebay. Haven't received it yet. I'll post back and let you what I get as well. Thanks for the heads up.

I went to their Mfg site and even the replacement parts you order only show the box with the timer on it for the Jr. Why on earth would they ship control boxes without timers - so weird. It's like sending you a laptop that can do everything but it doesn't have a screen so you can't see which programs you are in and direct it to function correctly. Do you suppose they ship that version of the control box to the aftermarket vendors who do modifications or something? Just so weird.....

I talked to Aquabot and they claim that the new versions have no timer it has the gray control panel, claims that the cleaner will go in the forward position for 18 seconds and go into reverse for 14 seconds and claims it will clean any pool, I tried to explain to them that I would like to be able to control this, I didn't get to talk to the orignal person (he was a no show at work) that said he would replace the control box, so I didn't want to try and explain again the whole process again, I will make another call tomorrow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
woodyp said:
Oh heck!!!!!! Pool supply world is where I just ordered mine from as well. Their great price at $262 better not be because they skimped and or cheated. Their ad sure says "New" on ebay. Haven't received it yet. I'll post back and let you what I get as well. Thanks for the heads up.

The description on their website for the Pool Rover Jr says Forward/Reverse - timer adjustable 1 - 60 seconds.

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/pool-cle ... OLROVERJR/

If it did not include the timer, I would contact PSW and ask for another unit. That might be quicker than dealing with manufacturer.

well after using it with the gray non adjustable timer, the Jr does a great job covering the complete floor, seems to do a good job, I do like how it goes foward for 18 to 20 seconds and only 14 to 16 seconds in reverse, it seems to not go over the same spot because of the time being differnet between forward and reverse.

What makes the timer so nice is that you can really control the "pattern" so much better with the timer - set it for a very short time and it makes smaller/tight arcs all the way around the perimeter of the pool - almost like the "wax on wax off" kind of circular pattern. Set it for a much longer time and it goes from end to end with a much smaller deviation in the arc. Then when you switch the Pin on the front wheel, it will modify that pattern even more. I've gotten it down to almost a science when we have junk that sits on one side of the pool bottom or another by changing the timer and the pin.

Just received my Pool Rover Jr. from poolsuppyworld and it has the same gray box with NO adjustable timer as well. Gotta wonder if they've changed things at Aquaproducts or not. The dang box sure says adjustable timer on it though.

I went to the AquaProducts website (the manufacturer) and they do not show a gray box with no timer dial on either the Pool Rover or the Pool Rover Jr. Both of the products have timer dials. I gotta wonder if your merchant is substituting an aftermarket power supply part because AquaProducts replacement parts catalog does not even have a power supply box without the timer. I guess as long as it works - go figure.

well I ended up returning the rover jr back to pool supply world, it started not to clean on 1 end of the pool, tried all different ways, talked to aqubot and they had me try all different ways of putting it in the pool ( what happened to set it and forget it LOL), but they would not replace the control box with one that had a timer, aquabox claims that this is the new 2010 model the one with out timer, I tried to explain to them that they show on the replacement page one with the timer, I got no answer on that. but I think on the aqubot's web site where they give the discription they don't list the 0 to 60 sec rev to foward
so I called pool supply world and explained on their own web site that the jr was to have a timer and they sold me something different, and they excepted the return.
so now I need to call a company and find a jr that has the timer

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.