Aquarite - Salt reading is 0 - water temp is up

May 18, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I have a 30,000 gallon, vinyl liner in-ground pool, with an Aquarite SWG. Its worked fine for the last 3 summers. I just opened last weekend, so had to add salt, CYA, etc. My salt was at 1300 (test strips), I added 320 lbs, so I know there's salt in there. I've brushed it around, and there's none on the bottom, so I think its all (or mostly) dissolved. However, the Aquarite display reads 0, and when I push the diagnostic button a few times to get the instantaneous reading, it is also 0. The water was 60 degrees, I thought maybe it was acting funny because it was cold. But today, the water is up to 67 -- both the heater and the Aquarite read 67 degrees. However, the salt still reads 0, and it won't generate. No lights on except Power. I've tried resetting it, by using Auto - Super -Auto, and powering down and up, but nothing helps. Anyone have any advice?

opps, OP here. I see another thread on this same topic. I did search first, and saw the thread, but thought it was from 2007, and there was no resolution. I see now that 2007 is the join date of some of the posters, but that ththread is new. Sorry!

I talked to the reps at Goldline (two different ones). They claim if the power light is on, but no other lights, and the salt reading is 0 (both main reading and instant reading) then it is most likely a bad board. My local pool company who installed the system agrees. I am over 3 years and under 5, so I qualify for the 40% off list warranty, which I believe is still higher than the ebay price of around $200 for a new pcb.

Question: I have read several websites saying that a bad Aquarite pcb was caused by a $2 part burning out. Its a varistor, and it absorbs power surges. In the pix on these websites, they show a burned area on the board. My board looks brand new, has no burned areas. I am wondering if its worth my time to try to replace this part before buying a new one. Has anyone here had experience with this? Did it work even when the board shows no visible signs of burning?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.