Sticky liquid seeping from side of Spa filter

Jun 12, 2009
Ithaca, NY
I have a bizarre leak seeping from the side of the filter of the Spa I operate. The filter is a Neptune-Benson model # 36CCFG-2. I have sent pictures to the company that installed it and I am waiting to hear back from them to see if they have any idea what is going on but I am curious if anyone here has encountered a similar problem. Basically, there is a sticky, white textured liquid seeping out of the side of the filter; the leak is not near any valves and the liquid smells similar to silicone caulk. It dries into a dark greenish blue substance. There is no visible hole or scratch where the liquid is seeping (see attached pictures).

Attachments

• Spafilter1.JPG
    Spafilter1.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 39
  • spafilter2.JPG
    spafilter2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 38
If it smells like silicone it is likely a sealer they used . Why it would be coming out is beyond me. That reminds me there sould be a x-file catagory for posting stuff like this and other mysteries. I am sure someone will be along shortly that may be able to solve this mystery.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.