Thinning Plaster Repair

May 11, 2010
I have thinning plaster on the walls. I have several home projects this summer and just can't afford the $3000+ for a replaster. I have partially drained my pool and pressure washed the thin areas where algae are really digging in. I have a few spots where the gunite is showing through. I have a product from the pool shop called Pool Patch (portland cement with dry polymers). I am still not sure how to get started covering these bare spots up. Any ideas?????

Wow $3000 for new plaster? Maybe your market is different than mine and your pool might be different, but that sounds high. Definately shop around. Try going straight to the plaster companies rather than through a pool guy/store. That made a diffeerence of 700-1000 in our bids. Best number we got was $1700 for plain plaster, and just a hair over $3000 for quartz.

Good luck.

$1700 does sound more reasonable. In the meantime, the Pool Patch is working great. I chisseled out and filled some large spots and covered some bare spots. If I keep patching, I figure I will eventually have the entire pool covered and not need the professional replastering.. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.