differences with intellipro VS3050 and VF

jag702

Aug 10, 2009
Las Vegas NV
What are the actual differences?
From the research ive been able to do

1: VF has its own built in timer that turns on a certain speed at certain times
and the VS uses a regular external pump timer for on/off operation

2:VF automatically senses which speed of 8 preprogramed speeds is needed when it runs
VS you manually select 1 of 4 user programmed speeds when you want to speed it up or slow it down.

Any other differences in the two?
I have a pretty basic pool/spa with a waterfall/slide combo from what I can tell the VF wont really have any benefits over using a VS hooked up to an intellitouch. Does this sound about right?

Poolsonly is the best price ive found at about $890 shipped then hopefully i can get the nvenergy $200 break on the black starite branded VS3050, does anyone else have a better price?
http://www.poolsonly.com/sta-rite-intel ... d_756.html

Thanks for any ideas

The main difference is that the VF is able to measure flow rates so you can program a flow rate instead of an RPM. With the VS, you can only program an RPM, not a flow rate. Also, with the VF, the pump will adjust the RPM to match the desired flow rate, even if conditions change such as the filter getting more clogged whereas the VS will have a lower flow rate in this situation.

The motor and pump are identical, only the electronics are different. The timer in the VF is very fancy, but isn't used if you have an automation system. The VF also makes it much easier to figure out the ideal settings. You can save just as much money with the VS, but you need to do a little more thinking and calculating to figure out the ideal speeds.

JasonLion said:
The motor and pump are identical, only the electronics are different. The timer in the VF is very fancy, but isn't used if you have an automation system. The VF also makes it much easier to figure out the ideal settings. You can save just as much money with the VS, but you need to do a little more thinking and calculating to figure out the ideal speeds.

Good deal, so as long as im willing to put some thinking time into setting up the speeds on the VS and use an intellitouch there isnt really a need to spend the extra pesos on the VF.

$890 shipped sound about like the best price on the VS?

It sure looks an awfull lot like my existing starite Duraglass II, is it possable theyre the same? If so does anyone sell the VS minus the pump end?

Just an update for future ref.

The Starite vs3050 wet end is the same as the duraglass II. The basket cover is different and the stand is slightly different but the new VS i bought had an identical impeller cover and seal and slipped right into the existing wet end so no plumbing, just slid it in and tightened up the band.

Also its got a pig tail coming off the motor instead of lugs to attach my 220 wiring so that was a little extra work but otherwise easy as pie, could have saved a few bux if i didnt have to buy the pump with the motor but I guess i cant argue, ive been looking forward to the upgrade, $702 with tax once i get my rebate from the power company.

forgot to add it was a good thing I split the motor from the pump, had I installed it as is out of the box something bad would have happened, there was a 3/8 x 3/8 x 4 inch long peice of rubber sitting in the impeller housing, i assume thats not supposed to be there :party:

jag702 said:
Just an update for future ref.

The Starite vs3050 wet end is the same as the duraglass II. The basket cover is different and the stand is slightly different but the new VS i bought had an identical impeller cover and seal and slipped right into the existing wet end so no plumbing, just slid it in and tightened up the band.

Also its got a pig tail coming off the motor instead of lugs to attach my 220 wiring so that was a little extra work but otherwise easy as pie, could have saved a few bux if i didnt have to buy the pump with the motor but I guess i cant argue, ive been looking forward to the upgrade, $702 with tax once i get my rebate from the power company.

forgot to add it was a good thing I split the motor from the pump, had I installed it as is out of the box something bad would have happened, there was a 3/8 x 3/8 x 4 inch long peice of rubber sitting in the impeller housing, i assume thats not supposed to be there :party:
I wonder if it would fit into my Dura Glas 1. It would sure be nice not to cut pipes.

The diagram for the 1 looks completely different, size wise it may it still may work but going off the look its completely different.

Whats the best way to rough calibrate my speeds for now until the power company gets out and does it right? Also Im keeping the pool at 85, do i have to leave the pump running at my minimum required heater input speed/flow 24 hours a day untill i get the intellitouch to control the on off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.