UV resistant pool cover

mikethaisun

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 24, 2009
North East Thailand
Hello Everyone
I live in NE Thailand where it is extrememly hot just now, temperatures around 35 to 40 celsius. AS you can imagine the water in my pool is warm and not too refreshing. I have noted many comments from members about pool heaters, I need the opposite!
Does anyone have any information on suppliers of a UV resistant material, maybe bubble wrap that can be purchased in Thailand or shipped from another country.
I would appreciate any help as it seems having a pool in a hot country is not such a good idea when the water is too warm to enjoy a swim.
Regards to all
Mike

Mike, Around here a lot of people use solar heating panels ran at night as coolers. You see, they're very good heat exchangers and when the nighttime temps are less than the pool water temps running them at night removes heat instead of adding heat. Just throwing that out for you to think about.

Hello BR
Thanks for your comments I will look into solar panels, I am not sure our night temps are cooler than the pool water though, another thing to check.
The main problem trhat I can see is finding a supplier in Thailand, up to now I have had no success in finding anyone selling any sort of cover.
Thanks again
Mike

You can buy silver finished bubble wrap fairly cheaply. Buy a few rolls and either have it sewn together with a reinforced plastic strip and hem the edges similarly. There is probably a way of welding it too.

I had a pool cover when I was in the UK and that was all that was, except it was blue, transparent and designed to absorb heat, rather than reflect.

Perhaps there is a market for these as evaporation loss must be huge problem here in Thailand, especially with the cost of chemicals.

When you have solved the problem please let us all know as I will need one when I get the pool built.

Allan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.