Hayworth power-flow Matrix!!!shaft seal leaking!!!

Here is a link to the owners manual. The instructions for changing the shaft seal begin on page 8. If you look at the diagram on page 11, a shaft seal leak would likely show up somewhere between parts 13, 14 or 15. If your leak is from anywhere else, it may not be the shaft seal and you should point it out to us using the diagram so we can recommend other possible problems (ie, other seals, potential cracks, etc.)

I talked to my local pool store...Seal was about $30,,I thought was a little high..But,he was nice enough to say if you bring it in they will replace it there....That will work for me ,,,I will watch him so I know how to do it next time!!!!No charge on the labor!!!I called another place they wanted about $20 for it,

We had it right,,,But dum me had a time getting it primed and run it dry!!!!took apart and it had fryed the seal&housing...Have cleaned &reset another new seal with some water tight sealant that the pump guy said to try...Hope it will get me by till I can get a new pump housing..It has been a trying time and swimming season hasn't even got here yet..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.