Shelf life o f CYA Reagent

8corneflakes

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
I just opened my pool and found that I ran out of CYA Reagent at the end of the season last year. I need to order more, but find I really ran through alot of it last year when I started BBB. Now I'm a seasoned veteran (already up and running in only 5 days!!!!)

Just visited the order site and found that it is sold in 8 oz bottles. Can I buy two to save on shipping, or will it go 'bad' before I'm able to use it all? Basically, what's the shelf life?

thanks,
theresa

8corneflakes said:
I just opened my pool and found that I ran out of CYA Reagent at the end of the season last year. I need to order more, but find I really ran through alot of it last year when I started BBB. Now I'm a seasoned veteran (already up and running in only 5 days!!!!)

Just visited the order site and found that it is sold in 8 oz bottles. Can I buy two to save on shipping, or will it go 'bad' before I'm able to use it all? Basically, what's the shelf life?

thanks,
theresa

I saw your username and remembered your thread from last summer. :)
Then I saw your sig and nearly ROFL :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Re: Shelf life o fCYA Reagent

Could you be more specific than "several years"? (Dictionary says "more than 2, fewer than many.")

I seem to be losing CYA faster than anything, but bought my R-0013 reagent 3 years ago. Is that probably my problem?

Re: Shelf life o fCYA Reagent

The CYA reagent is good for several years as long as it doesn't freeze or get left in the sun for a long time.

Could you be more specific than "several years"? (Dictionary says "more than 2, fewer than many.")

I seem to be losing CYA faster than anything, but bought my R-0013 reagent 3 years ago. Is that probably my problem?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.