Anyone ever worked with Saltron Retro?

That might not be a good look. The Cell Life on this thing is 208 days total. Which in reality depending on the weather here in GA, we get about 4 summer months a year. The Cell Life is only 2 years. Is that average?

Here is a response from the seller of the Saltron Retro, when asked about how long is the cell life, cost of a new cell and where I can buy one from:

Dear immaculute,

Hi it has a one year warranty. Not sure how much a
new cell would be. This is a brand new 2010 model.
the Cell cleans itself so it lasts longer then the competition. I hope this helps, JT

- poolbot

To me this sounds suspicious, a sell cleaning itself?

I just do not understand why their nearly $2000 SWG has a Cell Life, and the $400 one does not.

Most SWGs are self cleaning these days. Self cleaning means that they reverse polarity occasionally, which tends to cause any calcium scale that might be building up to flake off. The ChlorEase, which is a superficially similar wall mounted unit, does not self clean.

Not very many of the SWG manufacturers actually post their cell life time. The few I have seen are 10,000 to 12,000 hours.

THanks Jason. Only reason why I Asked him that question, was because the same company posted the cell life of the Cobia XL on their website.

I am kind of suspcious of the product, the company does not list any info on it at all; however it still is new. I will probably give it a try since I am on a budget, and I really like the idea's of SWG's.

I will probably give it a try since I am on a budget, and I really like the idea's of SWG's.

There is quite a bit of info on the Intex 8010 on this forum. It is a relatively inexpensive way (less then 1/2 the cost of the retro you listed above) to try out your idea.

Good Luck, and Best wishes!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New2Me. I am going to go with the Saltron Retro. The ease of use vs the Intex 8110 is what made me go with the Retro. With the retro I do not have to hook the device up to the existing pump system, I can just kind of drag and drop.

I know what you mean about ease of use!!! I was really intigued by the COBIA system when I first saw it a couple of years ago, but I have never seen anybody that bought one report how they like it, though. I hope that the Retro works well for you, please let us know how well you like it after you've used it for a while! Even though it isn't directly connected to the pump piping, the same chemical reactions will occur, and you should browse the pool school posts on balancing/buffering the water for use with Electronic Chlorine Generators, and maintaining the right FC/CYA ratio . Iv'e been very happy following the recommendations (I'd strongly suggest reading about advantages of adding borates!), and I now have a more Trouble Free Pool!
Good Luck, and Best Wishes!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.