Finally ordered my test kit!

May 7, 2010
So far we've been filtering our water a few days and vacuuming/skimming diligently and I've blindly added a couple jugs of bleach. It's gone from mosquito and frog infested to clearish mint green. No more bugs, clear surface but can only see about 2 feet down. This is our first time having a pool and we didn't properly winterize it (hubby went by pool stores suggestion and put who knows WHAT in it in the fall..and after a bunch of leaves had probably already gotten in it)

We have scooped a ton of leaves out and I think have most of them now, but are diligently continuing to vacuum.

Anyway - hubby wasn't keen on spending the $ on a test kit. I told him we'd check at Walmart for their kit. We checked three stores and everyone just had the 3 way; even checked a few pool stores and their selection was even WORSE..only strips. He finally agreed to order the kit but kept saying "why won't the 3 way work? That's what everyone sells!" sigh....

Tried to explain the whole chlorine/cya concept but it's over his head. Can't wait to get my kit and prove to him I was right lol!

Guess I have a few days to re-read pool school another 10x!

Thank goodness for the internet and not having to rely on local resources! I can see why people say pools are so much work...the tools they need aren't available! I think this website is perfect for my type A personality! hehe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.