heat exchanger cracked...had pool service close last year

t6pool

May 3, 2010
All,
My heat exchanger cracked in my aquacal over the winter. I opened the pool myself this year and saw the water gushing after I got the water running. I spoke with another pool store in my area and told them what had happened and he was quite surprised, stating that this is a liability for him. I spoke with Aquacal and they asked me if I winterized my heat pump or if I had a pool service do it. Do I contact my old pool service about this issue and try to get them to foot the bill for this based on the other pool store's comments? I'm new to having a pool (going on 2nd year) and I'm not sure what I should expect from mother nature and what I should expect from a pool service.

Thanks

stupid question....did you tighten all of your drain plugs? My heater has three of them. Water gushed for me too until I realized there was a third plug. Pool guys will leave these loose over winter is case of a freeze of left over moisture in the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.