Hello from North Texas

javera

Jul 28, 2007
Denton, Texas
Hi all,

My name is Jim and my family and I live in Denton, Texas. I have been lurking for a while, just listening and learning. We finally selected a pool builder over the weekend and we will start building within a couple of weeks. I have been researching my new pool for at least 8 months and this forum has been very valuable in that research.

In any case I just wanted to say hi!

Thanks,

javera

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. Pool building is stressful. Make sure you get on your crew's good side early on. Buy them soft drinks, fix iced tea, cookies etc.. Cheap insurance. My wife fixed tea for our crew almost every day, and I gave them a case of beer at quitting time on Fridays. Cheap investment. They ALWAYS worked my job first. Bribery is the same thing as tipping in my book. Got several extras out of the deal, and they forgot to take the Bobcat keys with them one weekend too.

Thanks for the welcome all!... I should have mentioned that this is my second pool build. I built one back in 1998 at my previous residence...So I learned a lot from the "School of Hard Knocks" of pool building. I will start a thread on the Pool Build forum and start adding pics and details.

Thanks,

Jim