Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from North Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from North Texas

Hi all,

My name is Jim and my family and I live in Denton, Texas. I have been lurking for a while, just listening and learning. We finally selected a pool builder over the weekend and we will start building within a couple of weeks. I have been researching my new pool for at least 8 months and this forum has been very valuable in that research.

In any case I just wanted to say hi!

Thanks,

javera
    Jim

--------------------------------------
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 32'x 27' Freeform in tiered yard. 16'X4'X4' Moss Rock waterfall, Tanning Ledge w/3 bubblers, Gas Fire pit w/scupper, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen, 18" raised spa. w/6 Waterway therapy jets on upper tier w/40" Moss Rock spillover, Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160 (Pool/Spa), Pentair 2HP Whisperflo(water features), MasterTemp 400BTU, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/booster

2. Back To Top    #2
    Hi Jim, congrats on doing your research BEFORE you put in the pool!!

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Jim,

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your choices. Be sure to post a full set of pics of your construction/ build. Once again, welcome to TFP!!!!!
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. Pool building is stressful. Make sure you get on your crew's good side early on. Buy them soft drinks, fix iced tea, cookies etc.. Cheap insurance. My wife fixed tea for our crew almost every day, and I gave them a case of beer at quitting time on Fridays. Cheap investment. They ALWAYS worked my job first. Bribery is the same thing as tipping in my book. Got several extras out of the deal, and they forgot to take the Bobcat keys with them one weekend too.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the welcome all!... I should have mentioned that this is my second pool build. I built one back in 1998 at my previous residence...So I learned a lot from the "School of Hard Knocks" of pool building. I will start a thread on the Pool Build forum and start adding pics and details.

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim

--------------------------------------
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 32'x 27' Freeform in tiered yard. 16'X4'X4' Moss Rock waterfall, Tanning Ledge w/3 bubblers, Gas Fire pit w/scupper, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen, 18" raised spa. w/6 Waterway therapy jets on upper tier w/40" Moss Rock spillover, Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160 (Pool/Spa), Pentair 2HP Whisperflo(water features), MasterTemp 400BTU, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Legend Platinum Cleaner w/booster

6. Back To Top    #6
    Welcome Jim. Glad to have you!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi there! Glad you found us.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.