Do I need a pool man??

alanrmeadows

LifeTime Supporter
May 5, 2010
I just noticed that the little pump next to my sand filter has more air bubbles than usual when the pump is filtering. I've got plenty of water in the pool and my skimmer basket is clean. I've also noticed that my return jets are surging a little. I can't figure out the problem. There is one thing that's an issue, but I don't know if it's contributing to my problem...the little valve that you usually loosen to allow water to spew (after turning the pump to filter after backwashing) will not screw all the way in when it has the little o-ring on the end?? If i take the tiny o-ring off, it will screw all the way in and water won't spew when the pump is filtering...again, I don't know if this is contributing to my problem or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alan

I did find where water was running down a couple of places from the "neck" of the equipment on top of the sand filter (the equipment that houses the valve that switches from backwash to rinse, etc.) One of the places was actually bubbling a little bit. Assuming that is my problem, is there anything i can put around the neck to seal the leak?

Thanks,
Alan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.