How can I circulate my pool water - pump down.

May 22, 2009
I had a problem with my pump and you've all helped me figure that out. But until I can get it fixed, I would like to be able to circulate the water. It's already looking worse after 3 days.

I have a submursable pump, how can I use it? Leave the hose of and just let it sit at the bottom of the pool? Should I leave a garden hose on? Should I move the pump around the pool every few hours?

I'd use the submersible pump. I'd set it in the deep end and run the hose up, out and around and have it feed into the shallow end. That ought to get some sort of current going. Maybe move the hose periodically. Or put a plastic rotating sprinkler, if you already have one to try, in the pool and see if it will spin, that should get plenty of circulation going. And then there's always brushing the walls and floor.

Thanks! I'll try the hose idea. We only have one level (no deep/shallow) but I'll just put it in one side vs the other.

I thought about running around the pool with the vaccuum as fast as I could for awhile ;) But at 7 months pregnant, that's not going to happen, lol.

I'd do as Richard says and use the pump, just make SURE!! :hammer: that the grate is in good shape so the liner can't be sucked up into it and shredded (I've seen it happen a number of times :evil: )

Good luck with the pool pump. I'll make a note to check out your thread on that :cool:

You just posted as i was typing this, congratulations on your impending blessing! :party: :whoot:

Kathy go to the hardware store and ask them for a 3/8" npt plug , and 1 half inch npt plug. Total cost maybe a buck. it will fix problem untill the correct over priced plug can be ordered .
One of them will fit that hole , just screw it in and tighten untill snug with a cresent wrench.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.