SWG general questions

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
I had an SWG, it died, thinking of buying a new one. The compupool looks nice (and cheap) but doesn't seem to have any readout on levels like chlorine and such. Do any of them have this or is that just asking too much?

Also, how long do these cells last? places say 3 years, but is that like 3 summers or 3 real years like down in florida here?

And then someone on here said to buy the biggest you can get so you can run the pump less. I definately need to do that as my pump uses a ton of electricity.

I looked at compupool but don't seem to see any ratings for the gram per hour it puts out. for a roughly 12-15000 gallon pool, what would be the best compupool size if I run the pump 6 hours a day? I was looking at the cpsc24 model.

No SWG will actually read out the chlorine level. The fancier models will give you a salt level reading.

Cell lifetime varies by brand and by what percentage you have it set to. Most of them should last at least three years even in Florida, but you can't totally count on that.

The CPSC24 is rated for 1.2 lbs of chlorine in 24 hours. It should be fine with your pool. The CPSC36 is rated for 1.9 lbs of chlorine per day. The CPSC48 would be too large for your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.